It’s time for a mid-year review.
So, how’s 2016 working out for you?
I am not huge on long term resolutions – I prefer to take things step by step, and didn’t make 2016 resolutions at all – I prefer to have a kind of rolling set of targets and projects. But as it is July (I KNOW!!!) we are pretty much exactly half way through the year I thought you might like to take a moment and have a think about how it is going.
Think about the following questions/points and feel free to comment on here, share the answers with me privately, or just keep the answers to yourself.
1. Exactly 6 months ago, so on December 31st, what was going through your mind as 2016 approached? Were you looking back on 2015 with mainly positive thoughts or negative? What were your hopes for the year ahead?
2. What have you achieved so far in 2016? List at least 10 things. If you can’t think of ten things, think harder. They can be really tiny things, but I want 10.
3. Are you where you thought you would be right now? If you had goals at the beginning of the year how far along with them are you? Are they still relevant? Have new priorities popped up and taken their place?
4. Are you where you want to be right now? What is one thing you would like to have changed in the next 6 months? What could be the first step? Email me to let me know and tell me when you will do it, if you don’t want to share in the comments.
5. How stressed are you on a scale of 1-10? What can you do to bring yourself down a notch? (Obviously if you are already at 1 we can stop there, we don’t need any comas!)
6. Rather than thinking about the rest of the year as a 6 month block, break it down. With my clients I often work in 90 day cycles – 6 months can feel just too big, literally the difference between summer and winter. If you have a big goal break it down into 6 steps. If you have several small goals decide to concentrate on them one at a time. Draw yourself a rough outline for the next couple of months.
7. Looking back at the last 6 months, where do you feel you haven’t shone? What stopped you? How did you get in your own way? What can you learn from this? How can you apply this lesson to the next couple of months?
Would you like some help turning 2016 around? Details of my summer sale are right here, this is the PERFECT time to work out, “what next?”